The Business of Fashion is seeking a driven, resourceful and experienced sales & BD manager to drive revenue growth from BoF China across creative solutions and major event sponsorships for both global and Chinese initiatives. With your strong background in sales, and project management, you’ll help develop and grow BoF at a pivotal point in the fastest moving market in the world.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an incredible team with the overall goal of becoming the global leader in the market for professional content and services for the fashion and beauty industries.
Who You Are
You are a driven and ambitious sales or BD manager with 3+ years experience of selling digital products across local digital platforms (WeChat, Weibo, Websites) within the Chinese media industry and following through with an ability to execute and manage multiple projects at the same time.
Native Mandarin Chinese speaker with excellent oral and written communication skills in English you have a comprehensive understanding of the local fashion industry, are highly organized and able to work independently and prioritise in a fast-paced environment.
- Has worked with multiple types of products (advertising, advertorial, live streaming etc.)
- Existing network at a high level within agencies and companies in and adjacent to fashion
- Highly professional, and ability to act as an ambassador for BoF
- Willingness to roll up sleeves in an ambitious start-up atmosphere
You’ll Know You’re Successful When...
You are independently sourcing, closing and managing projects from end-to-end as the central stakeholder to clients, internal and external resources
Single handedly owning the creative solutions revenue stream for BoF China and developing ideas of how to expand that
You are taking an active role in sourcing clients for big global partnerships for execution in China and abroad
The Ideal Candidate
What We Need You To Do
As a key member of the China commercial team, you’ll work closely with the China Country Manager to source new business, close deals and execute projects to grow the BoF China revenue.
You’ll work independently, and as part of a wider global team to meet sales goals, and to assist on a number of other local and global initiatives including the BoF China Summit and China Prize.
In being successful in this role, you will:
- Source and close BoF China advertising and creative solutions to existing and new clients across fashion, luxury and related verticals
- Leverage existing network to proactively contact agencies and companies to introduce BoF and our local China products
- Work with China Country Manager on sourcing and sale of larger partnerships both for execution in China and abroad
- Identify targets and manage pipeline
- Act as brand ambassador for BoF
- Manage projects from end to end including budgeting, creative briefs and post-project performance reports
- Communicate effectively across internal and external resources to ensure efficient and transparent management of resources and projects
- Work with the operations and global commercial teams on delivery of initiatives as required, including the BoF China Summit and China Prize