Job DescriptionThe Logistics Manager will have a comprehensive oversight over the 3rd Party Logistics operation (Offsite warehouse) and the store Relay & Delivery Dock operation (Onsite warehouse). The Logistics Manager is responsible for the overall service of the deliveries into the store, the management of the onsite warehouse and financials and performance of the DFS 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) service provider. The Manager will oversee all 3PL activities and Relay activities and ensure a safe, efficient, and compliant warehouse operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics or Supply Chain Management preferred. Bachelor’s degree in a relevant academic area such as Engineering, Accounting, etc. may be substituted. - 7 years of experience in warehouse management experience with a Divisional or Global retailer. - Fluency in English and French - Strong competencies in management of teams, in logistic flows, stock control, security, and safety. - Knowledge and experience with applying Quality Improvement Techniques. Six Sigma certification, APICs, Supply Chain Certification, and/or other professional certifications are a plus. - Proficient in MS computer applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) required. - Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written. - Capability to work in a multicultural environment; Open-minded and team spirit. - Customer-focus - Goal-oriented - Proactive, and works with a sense of urgency.
The Ideal CandidateKey Responsibilities:
• Full understanding of the scope of responsibilities and obligations of the 3PL as set forth in the service agreement between DFS and the 3PL.
• Create KPI’s with the 3PL to ensure operational focus and optimal performance. Conduct regular status and improvement meetings.
• Maintain effective communications and relations with the 3PL. Ensure issues and problems are resolved in a timely and professional manner.
• Ensures that 3PL has proper safeguards to protect DFS proprietary information, security, etc.
• Conducts occasional audits to ensure integrity of inventory, security of information, etc.
• Focus on continuous improvement to reduce cost of operating and to increase efficiency, accuracy, and productivity. Onsite Warehouse & Delivery Dock Operations
• Responsible of all the flow of any kind (leased, food & beverage…)
• Optimize merchandise flow by increasing the speed and accuracy of merchandise handling once received at the store and replenishment all the way to the shop floor
• Ensures all warehouse (3PL & Onsite) transactions are properly and accurately processed. Data in systems, are updated timely and accordingly per established policy and procedures.
• Creates metrics to measure the performance of the receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations.
• Optimize storage through design, utilization and capacity management. Ensures that storage areas are organized for efficient picking and putaway.
• Reduce operating cost through the reduction and/or elimination of exceptions and errors; and the improvement in overall processes through simplification or improved alignment.
• Ensures inventory accuracy. Performs physical counts and cycle counts to ensure accuracy between physical inventory, and the system counts.
• Addresses Stock reconciliation reports and ensure the 3PL & DFS systems are aligned
• Implement safety and security measures in the warehouse to eliminate/reduce risk to people, product, equipment, information, and facilities.
• Develops, maintains and updates the warehouse SOPs on a regular basis.
• Maintains a clean and organized warehouse environment. Controls
• Creates and meets/exceeds budgets, forecasts, and other financial goals.
• Prepares, submits reports and updates status on operating metrics as needed. Includes improvement plans.
• Well-versed, and compliant with Customs regulations and other governmental laws and regulations affecting DFS’s operation in the location. Ensures that the 3PL is compliant.
• Ensures proper security and safety controls are in place to reduce risk to people and the business. Management
• Cross-department Management (with the operations, security, sales’ teams…)
• Recruit and build effective teams
• Motivate and federate his team
• Provide development opportunities to your team
• Conduct annual appraisal meetings, set individual/collective objectives, give feedbacks