We are currently seeking a Commercial Intern to join La DoubleJ wholesale department. Reporting to the Sales Director, this role will support the team for sales and marketing activities.
- Areas of responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Attend and prep all markets
- Assist with Accounts Showings
- Visual merchandising support
- Enter customer orders with 100% accuracy and maintain the sales tools updated: contact list/mapping
- Identify and prospect new sales opportunities; help to structure and conduct market researches to broaden the knowledge on competitors
- Support the team with miscellaneous tasks or projects related to International Sales
The Ideal Candidate
· Fluency in Italian and English;
· Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
· Proficiency in Data management tool knowledge
· Technical literacy required: comfortable in approaching technical issues and discussing related solutions
· Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast paced and dynamic working environment
· Ability to multi-task effectively (crucial)
· Exceptional attention to detail and strong inclination to problem solving
· Excellent time management and follow up skills
· Reliably proactive, motivated, enthusiastic, and focused on achieving great results
· Fun to work with!
La DoubleJ is a multi-tasking Milanese brand that edits the very best of Italy. Founded by J.J. Martin in 2015, the company has expanded from a shoppable magazine selling just vintage clothing and jewelry to a full lifestyle label offering new fashion made with archival prints, cool home design and rare vintage. All of La DoubleJ’s creations—from our signature patterned dresses, skirts and tabletop items to our lively content and boisterous pop-up shops—are distilled through a lens of pure joy, eye-popping print and love of all things maximal.
Los Angeles-born, Milan-based journalist and vintage collector J.J. Martin has spent the past 17 years scoping out the very best of Italian fashion and design as a contributing editor at Harper’s Bazaar USA, WSJ, and Wallpaper magazines. Her writing has also appeared in T: The NY Times Style Magazine, Japanese Vogue, AD and Elle Décor. Now Martin translates her experience as an editor into discovering hidden archives, designing vintage patterned collections, and shining the light on Italy’s unsung historic producers for La DoubleJ.
Our clothing and accessories made from vintage patterns discovered sleeping in the secret archives of Italy’s top textile manufacturers, printed onto new fabrics and crafted entirely in Italy. Fine silks and crisp cottons are spun and printed on the shores of Lake Como, while our knitwear is woven in small bottegas throughout central Italy. La DoubleJ Housewives—our homeware line, inspired by mythical Milanese housewives, otherwise known as sciure —is comprised of perfectly patterned and brightly colored maximalist ceramics, linens and glassware that can all be layered, mixed and matched for an exuberant household effect.