As an Assistant Store Manager at Away, you will play an integral role in laying the foundation of our retail business. You will be responsible for all aspects of the store’s operations and importantly, of the store’s success. A strong foundation of store management and people management experience is essential! You’ll focus primarily on building and growing a team of exceptional retail associates, on ensuring the store hits performance goals, and on delivering the highest level of customer experience.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure your team is providing top-notch customer service to every person, every time.
- Communicate Away’s values and brand philosophy to customers and team members alike
- Develop, execute, and continuously improve all operational activities to make sure the store hits financial expectations and exceeds customer expectations
- Work cross-functionally to ensure the store is a hit! Work across the aisle with marketing, CX, creative, and HQ partners to make sure we create exemplary retail experiences
- Hire, retain and develop your team of retail associates, growing them into our next generation of retail leaders
- Oversee daily staffing, inventory management, and visual standards. Oversee all front of house and back of house procedures to keep the store’s engine efficiently running.
- Help execute any in-store marketing or programming events by liasoning with HQ team
The Ideal Candidate
Who you are:
- Must have a deep understanding of elevated customer experience
- Top performer with the track record to prove it
- 2-3 years of managerial experience; preferably at a customer-centric retailer or company
- Fastidious attention to detail; strong business acumen and an entrepreneurial disposition.
- Has a passion for people development and a knack for motivation
- A team player that is comfortable providing feedback, innovating, and getting their hands dirty
- Loves to travel!
- Experience working at a start-up or fast-growing company or retailer
- Experience building a team from the ground up