Named to Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies list in 2017 and as Digiday's Most Innovative Publisher in 2018 — Who What Wear is looking to hire an Advertising Sales Director to join its dynamic, fast-paced UK sales organization. The Advertising Sales Director is a proven sales professional who will drive WWW’s media sales program across existing channels and seek new opportunities in the marketplace. The ideal candidate will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment while managing a list of high-volume active and development accounts. The Advertising Sales Director must take pride in developing creative solutions to meet advertiser objectives and exceed sales goals. Deep client relationships are a must! Experience working within fashion, beauty, and jewelry/watch media sales is required.As an integral part of the sales team, the Advertising Sales Director is a creative thinker who can conceptualize, execute, and close revenue producing ideas that connect our advertiser's goals to our media properties. Ultimately we are looking for a candidate that is as passionate about our editorial brand as we are! This position is based in London, UK and reports to the VP of Sales in the US.
- Develop localized pipeline and strategies to grow the sales business in this market.
- Work closely with pre-sale teams to conceptualize and sell integrated advertising and sponsorship packages which include branded content, social media, newsletter, Influencer opportunities, podcast and experiential as well as direct and programmatic display media.
- Engage, strategize and cultivate deep relationships with senior-level clients and agency members.
- Develop strong and collaborative relationships with our editorial and social team to share insight and help develop innovative content programming for proactives.
- Stay ahead of digital trends for the market to feed into overall strategies and determine key shifts in sales planning.
- Respond to and service clients, ensuring all client issues are resolved with 100% satisfaction.
- Maintain complete, updated status of all information relating to accounts.
- Manage campaign deliverables as needed and interface with post-sale Client Services and Ad Operations teams to ensure campaign elements are launched, monitored and operating in accordance with our standards as well as client expectations.
- Work closely with the US teams and business to extract key learnings, new product offerings and strategies to implement into the UK.
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive knowledge and experience selling integrated advertising packages including branded content, social media, newsletter, Influencers, and experiential as well as direct and programmatic display media.
- Strong history of exceeding aggressive monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales quotas.
- Minimum 7-10 years of online ad sales experience in both agency and client-direct sales.
- Deep relationships with decision makers for major online advertisers and online media buying agencies.
- A creative, collaborative and can-do attitude for a fast paced, high-growth fashion-tech business.