The Business of Fashion is seeking an ambitious, experienced and talented business development professional to help drive the growth of its strategic partnerships globally. With your strong background in sales and well-established network of relationships within the fashion industry across the major fashion capitals of New York, London, Paris and Milan you’ll play a critical role in the future success of the business.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an incredible team with the overall goal of becoming the global leader in the market for professional content and services for the fashion and beauty industries.
What We Need You To Do
As the Director of Strategic Partnerships, you will be responsible for developing global partnerships that are significant in revenue terms, scalable in terms of their long-term potential, and strategic in the sense that they support the growth of BoF’s existing services with a particular focus on BoF Events, BoF Careers, BoF Professional and BoF Education.
As such you’ll get to work on a fast-growing business and have a direct tangible impact on its success each and every day. You will conceive, plan and execute partnerships that create a significant return on investment for BoF and for its partners.
In this role you will be expected to leverage your existing relationships as well as build new relationships with the most important companies in the global fashion industry. As such you must be able to work at a strategic level, generating bold and imaginative partnership ideas that sit at the intersection of BoF’s strategic needs and those of our potential partners.
In being successful in this role, you will:
- Identify and secure strategic partnerships that support BoF’s core services and special projects (ie. Print Editions, Future VOICES, Small Business Collective, School Rankings, BoF 500 Premium Partner Programme)
- Work across BoF global teams to strategize new leads and partnership offerings for prospective companies
- Lead global partner strategic planning - target companies, offering, timeline, vertical opportunities, outreach and pipeline
- Leverage your existing fashion industry network of senior executives to grow and upsell BoF global partnerships
- Leverage your existing fashion industry network to enhance and support other BoF services (Education, Courses, Careers Content, Professional, Marketing)
- Create partnerships that unlock new value and tap into new audiences feeding into BoF’s strategic platform for the members of the global fashion community
- Expand BoF’s partner portfolio across key verticals such as beauty, jewelry, hospitality, technology, travel and automotive
- Oversee partner management and deliverable scope optimization across BoF teams - commercial, marketing, social, PR, audio, events, content and product
- Develop and implement new partner procedure internally across teams (education on who the partner is, scope of deliverables, value-add opportunities, surprise and delight experiences, etc.
- Nurture relationships with key stakeholders and integrate relevant BoF teams
- Cross-collaborate with BoF’s US and China teams to ensure highest impact cross-vertical and geographic partnerships
You’ll Know You’re Successful When...
BoF has successfully established global strategic partnerships that support the growth of its key services
BoF has locked in principal partners for all of its flagship events
BoF has the reputation for being a great company to partner with
The Ideal Candidate
Who You Are
You are an experienced, successful and highly professional business development executive on the upward curve of your career, with a set of well established relationships with key companies in the global fashion industry and a track record of creating successful strategic partnerships. Significant experience of the US market in particular is also essential.
Entrepreneurial, and thriving in fast-paced environments, you combine strong commercial instincts, with a meticulous eye for detail and a high sense of urgency. Outside of that, you will have the following skills that will help set you up for success:
- Extremely well-developed relationship building skills
- Self-starter with a bias for action who can make things happen when faced with ambiguity
- Outstanding leadership and coaching skills with a demonstrable track record of inspiring high-performing project teams
- A ‘can-do’ attitude, flexibility, creativity, and ‘outside the box’ thinking
- High performance under pressure and a strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Excellent communication skills and experience selling to senior executives
- Robust knowledge of and experience implementing best in class strategic partnerships
- Experience of working cross-functionally in a very collaborative environment
Additional (but important) Information
Please include a cover letter explaining why you would be the perfect fit for the Commercial Team at BoF. Applications without a cover letter will not be shortlisted (even if you have a pretty awesome CV).
Closing date for all applications is 14 December 2018