Manage and grow sales of existing and potential new accounts for our Mens business.
- Negotiate/develop annual sales and stock plans with retailers.
- Make recommendations based on trend and opportunity.
- Constantly review results and plans.
- Work with Buyer and Planner to determine sales and stock ratios.
- Present additional needs based on analysis.
- Establish realistic turn and markdown expectations to ensure maximum profitability for retailer and Company.
- Project by door end of season numbers.
- Plan by door sales for future season.
- Work with Planning to create a six month flow based on by door roll-up, beginning of season stock, vendor margin, giveback and markdown.
- On a weekly basis, receive weekly numbers and send them to Planning.
- Communicate with Buyers to get competition information.
- Review selling reports noting the best and worst sellers.
- Trouble shoot door issues with Buyers and Coordinators based on store visit reports.
- Get mid-week sales from Buyers/federated office.
- On a bi-weekly basis, update the open-to-buy based on selling and shipments.
- Review shipping/orders to make sure everything is being delivered in a timely manner and communicating any problems.
- Update bookings recap for the Planning department.
- Review bookings to meet target shipping goals.
- On a monthly basis, update month end open-to-buy.
- Look at profitability based on giveback and shipments.
- Project future sales and shipments.
- Troubleshoot any future issues.
- Review all end-of-month reports.
- Discuss any issues with Buyers, Coordinators or management as appropriate.
- Work with basic Planner to review basic projections on a monthly basis.
- Present line to retailers that best represent trend and vision of Company.
- Plan and direct presentation of product lines during market.
- Sell line based on ranking sheets/projections.
- Check orders to meet booking requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
Retail and/or wholesale based experience. 5+ years of relevant fashion industry experience successfully managing large accounts. Demonstrated ability to develop strong business partnerships.