Proenza Schouler is looking for an International Sales Manager to support the Wholesale teams.
- Account Management
- Serve as a primary contact for wholesale accounts to manage day-to-day business and operational functions
- Partner with senior management on integrated marketing plans (capital, advertising, collateral) by account. Work with teams to coordinate special events and projects by account and/or by door
- Partner with US Customer Service representative to help respond to customer service issues (ex. damaged merchandise, clothing label requests, etc.) promptly and smoothly
- Partner with Senior Management with regards to wholesale analytics
- Assist with planning of seasonal budgets/sales goals based on local market feedback and performance
- Collect/receive weekly by-style and by-door selling reports in order provide in-depth selling and shipping analysis
- Analyze selling reports and reach out to buyers to discuss learnings to maximize opportunities or reduce liabilities
- Assist planning department in inputting/generating the master selling file on a bi-weekly basis to analyze performance TY to LY
- Identify opportunities to best execute clients shipping updates and help answer production questions; also field buyer’s inquiries for re-orders/stock requests and special orders
- Selling Operations
- Present/sell collection to stores during market appointments, overview each appointment to ensure budgets, selection.
- Work with merchandising team and senior management to establish competitive seasonal pricing of all styles offered in several currencies.
- Develop special project for major clients: custom styles to cater to specific client needs.
- Follow-up with clients after their appointments on order questions/status; reviewing order content with VP Wholesale and forwarding recommendations to clients
- Partner with internal teams to ensure all orders are correctly entered and managed in the system
- Manage market prep and checklist procedures: coordinate market schedule/book appointments, partner with VP on market logistics i.e. showroom cleaning and catering needs
- Visit/travel to stores to promote sales and grow the business - including routine merchandising visits, product knowledge clinics and selling events
- Partner with VP on forecasting and managing annual travel calendars and budgets
- Responsible for reaching out to buyers and individual stores to set-up meetings each season to support sales and educate staff on product featured and visual merchandising guidelines
- Execute store visits, in addition to seasonal travel calendar and follow-up:
- Follow-up with store managers, associates, etc. with thank you’s, provide answers to questions if applicable and materials when requested.
- Communicate feedback and share pictures in an in-depth re-cap for upper management and buying offices counterparts.
The Ideal Candidate
- An undergraduate degree in Business or equivalent is merited
- Minimum 2-4 years relevant International Account management experience in retail or wholesale support roles
- Experience and/or keen interest of the fashion industry
- Ability to speak another language is a plus, French, and/or Italian ideal
- Business and results driven individual, with an ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Communicative individual with great social competence
- Team player who thrives in a team where work is a collaborative effort among many
- Microsoft Office proficiency and Excel usage/analytical skills are a requirement
- Experience entering orders in Joor a plus
- Detail orientated