Purpose: Proenza Schouler is looking for an Account Executive to support the International Wholesale teams.
- Support VP’s with all aspects of Wholesale account management and customer service
- Serve as a primary contact for Department Store and Specialty Store accounts to manage day-to-day business and operational functions
- Liaise with internal department teams to execute global sales strategy
- Collaborate with VP’s to develop brand awareness and provide knowledge to clients
- Partner with VP’s to manage integrated marketing plans (capital, advertising, collateral) by account.
- Partner with VP’s and Marketing teams to coordinate special events and projects by account and/or by door.
- Work closely with Visual to ensure materials and guidelines are provided to wholesale partners to ensure properly brand-standards are executed at all points of sale
- Partner with US Customer Service representative to help respond to customer service issues (exp. damaged merchandise, clothing label requests, etc.) promptly and smoothly
Partner with Senior Management with regards to wholesale analytics
- Assist with planning of seasonal budgets/sales goals based on local market feedback and performance
- Support dilutions management process
- Collect/receive weekly by-style and by-door selling reports in order provide in-depth selling and shipping analysis
- Analyze selling reports and reach out to buyers to discuss learnings to maximize opportunities or reduce liabilities
- Assist in inputting/generating the master selling file on a bi-weekly basis to analyze performance TY to LY
- Identify opportunities to best execute clients shipping updates and help answer production questions; also field buyer’s inquiries for re-orders/stock requests and special orders
- Conduct all sales operations during New York and Paris markets
- Work with Coordinator for all wholesale client photo shoots (co-op, online) by developing brand-approved styling guides and sample requests accordingly
- Follow-up with clients after their appointments on order questions/status; reviewing order content with Senior Management and forwarding recommendations to clients
- Partner with internal teams to ensure all orders are correctly entered and managed in the system
Plan and execute store visits
- Partner with VP’s on forecasting and managing annual travel calendars and budgets
- Responsible for reaching out to buyers and individual stores to set-up meetings each season to support sales and educate staff on product featured and visual merchandising guidelines
- Execute bi-weekly store visits to local accounts, in addition to seasonal travel calendar and follow-up:
- Follow-up with store managers, associates, etc. with thank you’, provide answers to questions if applicable and materials when requested.
- Communicate feedback and share pictures in an in-depth re-cap for Director and buying offices counterparts.
The Ideal Candidate
- An undergraduate degree in Business or equivalent is merited.
- International Sales background is a plus
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience in retail or wholesale support roles.
- Willingness to take on responsibilities outside a defined job scope
- Ability to speak another language is a plus, French, and/or Italian ideal
- Business and results driven individual, with an ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Communicative individual with great social competence.
- Team player who thrives in a team where work is a collaborative effort among many.
- Microsoft Office proficiency and Excel usage/analytical skills are a requirement.
- Detail orientated.