Tamara Mellon, co-founder of Jimmy Choo, is no stranger to success or rule breaking. True to form, Tamara is now doing things differently— really differently.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, her three-year-old namesake label is the first-ever direct-to-consumer luxury women’s accessories brand. What this means in short: old school Italian craftsmanship without the retail markups.
For us, new luxury also means reinventing the shopping experience. Anyone who shops with us (or is a fan of the brand for that matter) is a VIP— think best-in-class customer service (we call them Liaisons) and complimentary shoe care with every purchase.
We’re dead serious about disrupting the status quo, and not just in the fashion industry. An outspoken advocate of women’s issues, Tamara Mellon is creating a community of like-minded, next gen consumers.
If you’re a rule breaker like us, and this sounds like the opportunity (not the job) you’ve been waiting for, we’d love to hear from you.
What we are looking for:
- A creative, boundary-pushing attitude to build the best and most innovative luxury retail footwear experience in San Francisco
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience in luxury retail
- Process-oriented thinker who anticipates and thinks through business challenges
- Ability to drive profitability and maximize opportunities
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment within a luxury brand.
- A positive attitude
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including morning, evening, and weekend availability
- Hands-on, self-directed, and team-oriented manager
- Humble spirit, but with gigantic ambition
- College Degree preferred
The Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years of proven retail management experience selling a luxury product
- Create a cohesive team that works together to continually exceed the goals set. Recruit, evaluate, and motivate shop staff
- Achieve monthly and annual sales and other store KPI targets. Monitor, track, and communicate trends and opportunities of key business metrics
- Develop strategies and action plans to target improvement and profitability
- Drive business to the store by establishing partnerships in the community and networking to bring in clientele. Partner with Marketing, Customer Experience and In-Store teams to create and execute marketing initiatives and events
- Actively maintain a feedback loop with Marketing, Merchandising, Product and Customer Experience teams
- Build business relationships and expand customer database
- Ensure stock control and deliver sales forecasts and daily reports
- Maintain security and safety procedures for employee and customer protection