The Business of Fashion is seeking an ambitious, experienced and talented business development professional to help drive the growth of its strategic partnerships globally. With your strong background in sales and well-established network of relationships within the fashion industry you’ll play a critical role in the future success of the business.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an incredible team with the overall goal of becoming the global leader in the market for professional content and services for the fashion and beauty industries.
What We Need You To Do
As a Senior Business Development Manager of Strategic Partnerships, you will be responsible for developing global partnerships that are significant in revenue terms, scalable in terms of their long-term potential, and strategic in the sense that they support the growth of BoF’s existing marketing products and events. This role will have a particular focus on sponsorship of BoF Events, print and digital advertising and strategic partnerships across branded content and the BoF Podcast.
As such you’ll get to work on a fast-growing business and have a direct tangible impact on its success each and every day. You will conceive, plan and execute commercial partnerships that create a significant return on investment for BoF and for its partners.
In this role you will be expected to leverage your existing relationships as well as build new relationships with the most important companies in the global fashion industry and non-endemic industries. As such you must be able to work at a strategic level, generating bold and imaginative partnership ideas that sit at the intersection of BoF’s strategic needs and those of our potential partners.
In being successful in this role, you will:
- Identify and secure strategic partnerships that support BoF’s core marketing services and events (Advertising, Sponsorship, Podcast, Branded Content, Global Partnerships)
- Responsible for achieving personal sales goals ($500k-$1M), managing sales pipeline and closing new business via strategic partnerships
- Leverage your existing fashion industry network of senior executives to grow and up-sell BoF global partnerships
- Create partnerships that unlock new value and tap into new audiences feeding into BoF’s strategic platform for the members of the global fashion community
- Expand BoF’s partner portfolio across key verticals such as beauty, jewellery, hospitality, technology, travel and automotive
- Oversee partner management and deliverable scope optimization across BoF teams - commercial, marketing, social, PR, audio, events, content and product
- Nurture relationships with key stakeholders and integrate relevant BoF teams
- Cross-collaborate with BoF’s London and China teams to ensure highest impact cross-vertical and geographic partnerships
- Act as the primary contact for existing clients in New York ensuring maximum client satisfaction
The Ideal Candidate
Who You Are
You are an experienced, successful and highly professional senior business development manager on the upward curve of your career, with a set of well established relationships with key companies in the global fashion industry and a track record of creating successful strategic partnerships. Significant experience of the US market in particular is also essential.
Entrepreneurial, and the ability to thrive in fast-paced environments, you combine strong commercial instincts, with a meticulous eye for detail and a high sense of urgency. Outside of that, you will have the following skills that will help set you up for success:
- Extremely well-developed relationship building skills
- Self-starter with a bias for action who can make things happen when faced with ambiguity
- A ‘can-do’ attitude, flexibility, creativity, and ‘outside the box’ thinking
- High performance under pressure and a strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Excellent communication skills and experience selling to senior executives
- Robust knowledge of and experience implementing best in class strategic partnerships
- Experience of working cross-functionally in a very collaborative environment
- Resilient temperament, focused and persistent honing in on what really matters to move the needl