This position is based in our New York SoHo Store in New York, NY and will report into the Retail Consignor Group Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide consistent outstanding consignor experience, in store, for self booked and walk in Drop Off appointments
- Optimize the consignor experience through personalized service
- Demonstrate active listening and evaluation skills to qualify and nurture consignor relations
- Evaluate prospects against established criteria; routes prospects to the appropriate sales channel
- Demonstrate a can-do attitude with the ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive situations while remaining calm and collected
- Punctual, reliable and a team player to work alongside our Store teams
- Safely handle and care for all luxury items in-store, from men and women’s clothing, jewelry, watches, home and art pieces
- Effectively manage individual store consignor base
- Focus on up-selling all categories of product accepted (Women’s Fashion, Men’s Fashion, Fine Jewelry & Watches, Art, and Home)
- Responsible for setting consignor price expectations
- Carefully review and process all items for shipment to ensure they are cataloged and up to our very high-quality standards
- Leverage strong consignor relationships to gain referrals for new consignors to pass to Luxury Manager
- 1+ years of work experience in luxury
- Bachelors Degree in Fashion, preferred
- A strong sales ability paired with entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to master multiple technical devices and systems
- Ability to communicate clearly, listen thoroughly and respond quickly
- Possesses a strong attention to detail and great follow up skills
- A desire to work with people, and an understanding of excellence in customer service
- a professional appearance and demeanor
- Basic understanding of brands and artists
- Commitment and curiosity towards expanding expertise in fashion, fine jewelry and watches, and fine art and home
- Physical demands/environmental conditions
- Ability to lift and move merchandise up to 25 lbs
- Flexible working hours, Weekends required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.