Prospects and develops new relationships and connections with luxury goods businesses to drive consignments. Meets with vendor consignors in their businesses to review/pick up their luxury merchandise. Carefully reviews and processes all items for shipment. Develops marketing strategies to continually increase consignment with The RealReal.
This position is based in San Francisco, CA and will report to the Associate Director of Valuations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives business by prospecting existing connections and developing points of aggregation with new vendor consignor businesses. These contacts include but are not limited to: Luxury brands, boutique owners, wholesalers, re-sellers, manufacturers, jobbers, and business consignors
- Achieves the monthly consignment goal for your market through self-generated and corporate leads
- Develops and implements marketing strategies to continually increase consignment with The RealReal
- Meets with consignors in their businesses to set price expectations and procure their luxury merchandise
- Utilizes your knowledge of luxury merchandise to carefully review and process all items for shipment to ensure they are cataloged and up to our very high quality standards
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience; or at least five years’ experience in wholesale, business development, or e-commerce of luxury goods; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions,proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: Contact Management systems; Database software; Internet software; Inventory software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software; and Word Processing software