Responsible for retention business and new customer/business. Responsible for outside sales; pursues new customers/new business. Maintains strong relationships with retention business and Identifies new sales opportunities, creates strategy for pursuing targets and is ultimately responsible for closing sales to all levels of customers. Services inbound calls and lead generations for new customers and manages all retention/new business for assigned categories and/or communities. Sells the overall concept of assigned shows. Must achieve sales goals as assigned for retention and new business customers, tracking self-performance via Salesforce.com dashboards.
Role Accountability and Duties:
- Conducts face-to-face sales calls and meetings with potential new exhibitors and key retention accounts; receives calls from and supports them through the order and account management process along with addressing concerns and issues. Responsible for customer service for the entire show cycle, including completing the online contract applications, post show and pre-show follow up with exhibitors.
- Responsible for maintaining retention customers and pursues retention customers that are not returning
- Sells the overall concept of Brand and increases participation in sponsorship advertising; tracks self-performance to goals via Salesforce.com
- Sell potential accounts into correct sections within show floor and manages expectations in regard to positioning
- Performs extensive marketplace research and develops sales strategies accordingly including call, email and field meetings; researches client needs and creates a one stop solution to their marketing and sales strategy. Meets with Show Brand Director during show cycle to develop category-specific sales presentations and packages, capitalizing on market trends and their direction.
- Maintains strong industry credibility through visible attendance at trade shows and other product presentations, staying up to date on new developments and technologies and communicating this information to both key existing accounts and potential new accounts. Contributes to research efforts in new products.
- Maintains Salesforce.com customer database for accuracy and exceptional notes; conducts data clean-up each show cycle and on-going maintenance per policies. Actively maintains sales pipeline opportunity stages so that the pipeline is a true and accurate indicator of prospects’ statuses; utilizes pipeline reports to provide sales forecasts to management.
- Works with CRM Salesforce team in continuous improvement efforts and troubleshooting Salesforce.com issues; attends and contributes to system improvement review meetings. Maintains accuracy of brand information understanding the information is downloaded for show directories.
- Performs additional duties on show site: helps ensure freight is accurately delivered, works with EACs and Operations to resolve set-up issues, reviews aisle signage, banners and booth locations for accuracy, collects unpaid balances from exhibitors, meets with all assigned exhibitors to ensure outstanding customer service, assists floor managers with taking pictures of all exhibitors, delivers violations if required, collects testimonials and prevents early teardown.
- Works with President/Head of Sales to properly merchandise the exhibitor floorplan to ensure maximum compliance with internal merchandising strategies and brand’s specific booth request.
The Ideal Candidate
What You Bring to the Team:
- College degree in marketing or sales with at least 5 years fashion brand sales or tradeshow booth selling experience.
- Sponsorships, digital/emedia sales or similar products
- Individual must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and be detail oriented.
- Proficient with experience in MS Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Salesforce.com and other software packages.
Other Key Success Attributes:
- Experience in a B2B media environment a plus.
- Fashion industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of applying trade show sales strategy to campaigns is extremely valuable.
- Understands issues relevant to the Fashion market and industry.
- Listens to and understands customers and supplier expectations, needs and wants.
- Anticipates and responds to potential opportunities and threats for the business relevant to the conditions of the market and industry.