ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Technology and Operations
Reports to: VP Retail Operations
Team Size: <10
As a Senior Business Developer - Retail Operations, you will help Zalando improve its core business and lay the foundations for our future success. You will work directly with the Vice President Retail Operations and the Retail Operations Leadership Team on some of the department’s most strategic initiatives.
Retail Operations uses strong expertise in technology and supply chain management to ensure that Zalando’s customers can have access to hundreds of thousands of fashion and beauty products. Hence, the projects you would get to work on can include anything from optimizing the allocation of products in our fulfillment centers, to measuring the impact of content innovations using A/B tests, and building business cases for large technology investments. In addition, you support the Retail Operations Leadership team on topics, such as preparing half-yearly OKRs and quarterly review meetings with the Zalando Management Board. This is a challenging opportunity that prepares you well for larger roles in- or outside of Zalando. To be successful, you will have to interact across teams and company hierarchies, get up to speed on new topics very fast, provide sound and data-driven recommendations, and synthesize and communicate findings in easy-to-understand and concise documents.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Come up with the right questions and break down problems to their core to get them solved in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Write concise and top-down decision documents that follow a clear narrative and propose concrete actions based on the right evidence.
- Build business cases, both using initial “guesstimates” to get an early estimate of the “size of the prize”, and by digging deeper into the underlying numbers and KPIs to validate your initial estimates.
- Manage conflicts and priorities, by thinking creatively and being solution-oriented. Getting things done, is what drives you.
- Navigate a web of stakeholders across all hierarchy levels. You know what is on their minds and how to keep them updated and engaged, even when things are complex, moving fast and your project may not be their biggest priority.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You hold at least a Bachelor’s degree (Master / MBA preferred) from a top University. Your grades reflect your drive, passion and intellectual ability.
- You have 5-7 years of professional experience, ideally some spent at a major consulting firm or in a similar role in an e-commerce company. You have clearly demonstrated that you can get large projects started based on clearly formulated decision proposals, and then keep them together once they get going.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.