ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Central Europe
Reports to: General Manager Central Europe
Team Size: 5-10
Recruiter name, e-mail: Maria Sigmirean
As a Senior Business Development Manager Central Europe, you will drive positioning Zalando as the starting point for fashion in the Central European markets by driving the local customer base within the fashion store.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Participate in the management of the Central Europe cluster (Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Poland & Czech Republic), as direct support to the General Manager and in coordination with the Commercial Controlling team.
- Drive cross-country and cross-functional initiatives and projects, working closely with other commercial units within the Region and the organization, such as Category Management, Pricing, Operations and Sales.
- Help steer business performance of Central Europe and Zalando by evaluating KPIs ranging from Marketing to Operations to capture commercial and improvement opportunities.
- Support regional organization strategy and focus areas, including strategic decisions and business plan objectives to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Possess impact-oriented creative problem-solving skills and the ability to take initiative.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Min. 3-5 years of professional experience in the field of eCommerce, retail, wholesale and/or management consultancy
- You have a strategic mindset with a hands-on mentality: you are equally excited about exploring new areas of growth and bring them to live on an operational level
- You know the Central Europe retail/fashion market and understand the consumer behavior
- You have a strong interest in new business models and trends within the online sector as well as a solid understanding of data analytics
- You have strong communication skills in English, and you can efficiently deal with various stakeholders and interest group;
PERKS AT WORK
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.