About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
This is to pipeline candidates for our future talent needs.
Senior Merchandiser will report to the DMM/MM and will be a key player in execution of material management and fabric sourcing strategy. The role will provide expertise and support to the category team relating to the existing and future mill base. The role requires a strong fabric sourcing background and the proven ability to build and sustain relationships with the mills in region.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage wear-test sampling. Manage tailoring sample process.
- Manage sample yardage request. Tracking strategic fabric usage against commitment.
- Follow up on mill week.
- Manage wash development and approval with brands
- Follow up on Fabric innovation initiatives
- Manage Initial costing and ensuring fabric pricing is updated by vendors in PLM
- Raw material testing
Who you are
- Fabric Sourcing Knowledge – Experience in fabric development with exposure to large-sized buying office or mills.
- Business Acumen – Experience in execution of fabric sourcing strategy
- Collaboration – Proven ability to communicate and works well with others
- Experimentation – Flexible mindset to present and provide options
- Problem Solver – Demonstrated ability to solve or appropriately escalate challenges