Welcome to Depop. We are the community-driven fashion marketplace where over 13M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. We're on a mission to transform fashion by empowering the next generation of creative entrepreneurs.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 150 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
Right now, we are looking for a Commercial Analyst to become an integral member of our Insights team and support the wider commercial & growth function. Our Commercial Analyst will work with data to generate insights that will shape business strategy. You will be a driver for growth initiatives and help teams across the business make better-informed, insight-led decisions.
You will also ensure that we are measuring and reporting on the right metrics in an accurate and timely manner and implement processes to do the same. We’re currently helping build one of the most dynamic and well-funded start-ups in the London tech scene. Sound like your thing?
- Supporting teams with data & analysis: you will work with multidisciplinary teams (marketing, product, etc.) to provide insights and support as and when needed; you will also make recommendations backed by insights to relevant stakeholders that will help grow our business
- Coaching: you will be a champion of insight driven decision making in the business and coach people on all things metrics
- Making sure the business knows the numbers: you will ensure we have the setup in place to track the right metrics. You will own the design, development, and maintenance of dashboards and other automated reports that allow our teams to act from a highly informed position
- Managing our data pipeline: you will work with the data team on ETLs to ensure that the data is consistently accurate, reliable and up-to-date end to end - from collection to consumption
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience delivering in a high performing, data-driven team
- Strong proficiency in SQL and the ability to work with large datasets
- The ability to communicate complex problems and analysis simply with a variety of stakeholders (both technical and non-technical)
- An analytical mind with good problem solving skills and a love of numbers
- Commercial awareness and a proactive attitude to make a difference and drive impact
- A hunger to learn, natural curiosity and a keen eye for detail
- A strong sense of ownership and highly organised nature
Bonus points for:
- Having a fascination with consumer facing mobile-first products
- A love of fashion and understanding of the Depop community
- Experience working on a marketplace, in a mobile first environment or on social products
- Familiarity with tools like Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Branch etc
- Understanding of Python and some command over ETL scripts