Job DescriptionFarfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global technology platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
Commercial & Sustainability We're partnering with global brands and the most influential and renowned boutique curators to bring our customers an unrivalled range of fashion to empower their individuality. We’re relationship builders, we’re solution finders and we’re analysts. We work with all areas of the Farfetch business to improve our social and environmental impact while delivering business success. We want to empower our consumers to buy better, improve our operational footprint, and explore new business models that improve our impact.
LondonOur London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. We have large open plan spaces and a feature staircase connecting our 3 floors, encouraging our collaborative and open culture. We also have a big outdoor terrace where we can have lunch and host social events when the sun comes out!
Your role will be critical to ensuring we identify the greatest selection of luxury product for the site – reducing wastage of products and categories that don’t resonate with our customer and avoiding missed commercial opportunities through not having enough of the bestselling product.
This person will bring a heavy quantitative skillset to the team (the “science”) but also be comfortable working with and embracing, the “art” from our fashion / trend-focused buying teams.
We’re looking for an analytical, commercially minded, strategic thinker, who is confident turning large data sets and complicated problems into digestible, packaged insights.What you'll do
- You will answer key business questions that shed light on product and partner performance using a hypothesis-led approach. In this way, you will build mastery of the ‘what’
- Identify hypotheses or potential answers to the questions based on input from key stakeholders
- Determine what analyses will help prove or disprove the hypotheses
- Execute the analyses by using SQL and/or a range of tools & resources (e.g. Excel, Looker)
- Prepare your findings in an easily digestible format for key stakeholders (e.g. Looker dashboards, PowerPoint, email)
- You will design and develop new methodologies for understanding data efficiently. This will enable you to build mastery of the ‘how’
- Be proactive in identifying opportunities to optimise data processing and interpretation, especially for analyses that must be conducted on a regular basis
- Prioritise these opportunities based on time saved and value to the business
- Implement robust methodologies with checks to ensure high data quality
- You will collaborate with other key stakeholders within the commercial, and across the business, to incorporate their qualitative input. This will enable you to build the mastery of ‘why’
- Review your findings with the Planning, Data Science, and Strategy functions.
- Work with the Business Development, Account Management and Brand Partnership functions to consider the practical challenges of our industry
- Introduce new, advanced data techniques to ensure that supply analysis and planning is as sophisticated, efficient and accurate as possible
- Establish key processes and ways of working with internal stakeholders;
- Innovate and identify projects that the business needs, using the data available.
- Support on training for the team
- Extensive experience within consulting or analytics (preferably both).
- You have a university degree must be in physical sciences, maths, economics or engineering; MBA a plus
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to influence change in senior stakeholders
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Advanced forecasting and data modeling techniques
- Strategic thinker with an emphasis on operational and commercial excellence
- You have a flexible, approachable attitude with good problem-solving skills
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and scoping work with keen attention to detail
- Comfortable working to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have technical skills for processing and analysing large amounts of data:
- Excel (required)
- SQL, R, Matlab (preferred)
- Looker, Tableau etc.
- An understanding of fashion and luxury is a bonus
- Fantastic team fit - tenacity with a smile, real pride in the quality of work and an understanding that the ‘how’ you work is just as important!