About the department:
With us, you’ll work at the creative, cutting-edge of fashion. You’ll be part of an innovative team to spot trends and source the most desired supply through curated boutiques and exceptional luxury brands.
Our Commercial team consists of Brand Partnerships, Business Development, Account Management, Visual Merchandising, Vendor Funding, Category Management, Commercial Strategy, and Planning & Analytics. Currently a team of 100+ in total, we have grown extensively over the last 3 years and collaborate with almost every team across the business. From building the initial relationships with our brands and boutiques, to making sure we surface the right products to our customers; our team is responsible for optimizing all of Farfetch’s supply and the strategy behind it.
The Commercial Strategy team within Commercial leads on crafting and implementing the functional strategy, working side by side with key stakeholders across the Commercial Team, and is focused on instilling more operational and strategic rigour across the business. In the role as Commercial Strategy Executive, you will report into the Commercial Strategy Manager to support on ad-hoc analyses and strategic work required for both specific strategic projects and the day-to-day business to instil that rigour and excellence.
You will be responsible for supporting the success of strategic commercial projects, some of which will be discrete and others stream. A great example of something we’d like to achieve is a shift towards a pull supply sourcing model – we know what supply our customers want, we know where to source it and we have a commission model (plus persuasive insight) to secure that supply. You would support on such projects and be an integral part of devising the strategy and action plan, drawing upon research, conducting analysis to inform decision making, and assisting the Commercial Strategy Manager in pulling together necessary materials and aligning across all the different business units that are required to deliver success. You will also be critical to driving more operational rigour within the Commercial team as a whole; everything from day-to-day ways of working, through to 3-year planning of our supply business. Making our own processes and workflows more efficient remains one of the biggest opportunities for success. We’re looking for a commercially minded strategic thinker with a fashion perspective, who is confident with synthesizing complicated themes into compelling and actionable messages, structured thinking, and marrying the analytics (“the science”) with the qualitative (“the art”) to inform strategic decision-making.
What you’ll do:
- Support key strategic projects, helping to manage complex cross-functional workstreams across areas such as marketing, analytics, data science, tech, product and finance
- Support on developing robust strategic and execution plans for new projects and processes
- Work closely with the Commercial Planning & Analytics function to ensure business decisions and processes are underpinned with data insights
- Conduct research and analysis to inform actionable business strategies and recommendations
- Build out analyses and pricing models to understand the impact of various strategic initiatives
- Synthesize complex processes and themes into actionable and presentable materials
- Support in tracking / measuring against team OKRs and commercial strategy milestones
- Support the team with any ad hoc administrative tasks
The Ideal Candidate
Who you are:
- Strong analytical, strategic and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Flexible and collaborative with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Commercially-minded strategic thinker with an emphasis on operational excellence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of e-commerce and luxury industry ideally
- Few years of work experience in a strategic, analytical or research-based role
- Excellent planning and organisational skills; expertise to manage and improve complex projects
- Curiosity and tenacity - can take control of complex problems, and is committed to finding a solution
- Bias for action – speed matters, and many actions are reversible, so we encourage a focus on continuous improvement
- Fantastic team fit - tenacity with a smile, real pride in the quality of work and an understanding that the ‘how’ you work is just as important!
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.