Job DescriptionFarfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global technology platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
FinanceWe're a truly global team with a presence in all of our locations around the world. Our biggest teams are based in the UK and Portugal. Our team in Porto focuses on financial reporting and operations, while the Group Finance team in London is made up of Tax, Legal, Treasury and Commercial Finance. All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us to tell our story with data.
LondonOur London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. We have large open plan spaces and a feature staircase connecting our 3 floors, encouraging our collaborative and open culture. We also have a big outdoor terrace where we can have lunch and host social events when the sun comes out!
About the role:
The Group External Reporting Accountant will report to the Group Financial Reporting Manager. You will support the Group’s external reporting requirements including the drafting of the Group’s financial and non-financial information and collating this information for the Group’s annual and quarterly SEC filings. You will also support the “verification” of the data where you will work closely with the legal and compliance teams and the Group Technical Accounting Manager to ensure that all material financial and non-financial information is IFRS compliant and has been appropriate verified to back-up in our annual and quarterly financial reports.
What you'll do:
- Each quarter, you will take the group consolidation and prepare the excel data files that are loaded to our “Active Disclosures” tool (full training provided) which we use to populate our financial statements, SEC filings and quarterly earnings releases
- Co-ordinate with the internal reporting, commercial finance, legal, investor relations, corporate development and people teams to ensure that all quarterly KPIs are captured, verified and brought into the “Active Disclosures” tool
- Prepare the quarterly and annual close reporting timetable and help monitor the process of the various sub-teams
- Be responsible for coordinating with commercial finance and the accounting team to ensure the quarterly flux and movement analysis is completed to a high standard
- Be responsible for preparing the quarterly analyst slides as well as supporting the Group finance team and investor relations team on ad-hoc slide deck preparation
- Assist in the verification process of the earnings release, scripts and any other relevant verifiable materials
- Outside of the quarter-end and year-end process, you will also support the Group Technical Accounting Manager on various ad-hoc finance projects from new accounting standards, new contracts and M&A activity
- Assist in the drafting of subsidiary statutory accounts
- Assist in the external audit process by monitoring and assisting with their requests
- On an annual basis, you will support in drafting the finance sections of our annual report
- Assist on any ad-hoc or transformation projects impacting external reporting
- Have a Chartered Accountancy qualification (or equivalent)
- Good excel skills and a keen eye for detail
- Group reporting experience either from practice or industry
- Ability to demonstrate high levels of enthusiasm and a proactive attitude
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced high growth environment. Experience of similar working environments would be ideal
It would be a bonus if you have:
- Experience in multi-currency group consolidations
- Worked in a group finance function