About the department:
We're at the creative, cutting-edge of fashion. It's our job to source emerging boutiques and spot trends, as well as working with the world's biggest luxury brands. Our team consists of Buying & Merchandising, Visual Merchandising, Brands Partnership, Business Development, Account Management, Vendor Funding & Supply Strategy & Success. We collaborate with almost every team across the business, which keeps things varied and exciting! From building relationships with our partners, brands and boutiques to making sure that all of our products look beautiful on our site; we have a big part to play in everything we do.
Our Commercial Strategy team are looking for a unique individual to extract supply-side insights from our data and transform these into projects that will deliver long-term, sustainable sales growth. Your role will be critical to ensuring we identify, procure and promote the greatest selection of luxury product for the site. This person will bring a heavy quantitative skill set to the team (the “science”) but also be comfortable working with and embracing the “art” from our fashion/trend focused buying teams. We are looking for a:
- Critical thinker, confident in analyzing trends and patterns in large data sets
- Structured communicator, adept at packaging findings into digestible, actionable insights
- Organized team-player, able to collaborate and drive projects forward with various stakeholders
What you’ll do:
- You will answer key business questions that shed light on product and partner performance using a hypothesis-led approach.
- Identify key business questions based on input from key stakeholders
- Determine what analyses will help prove or disprove the hypotheses
- Gather the data in SQL and execute the analyses via a range of tools/resources (e.g. Excel, Tableau, Looker)
- Prepare your findings in an easily digestible format for key stakeholders (e.g. Looker dashboards, PowerPoint, email)
- You will design and develop new methodologies for analysing data efficiently.
- Be proactive in identifying opportunities to optimise data processing and interpretation, especially for analyses that must be conducted on a regular basis
- Prioritise these opportunities based on time saved and value to the business
- Implement robust methodologies with checks to ensure high data quality
- You will collaborate with teams across the business to incorporate their input and deliver cross-functional projects.
- Review your findings with the Buying and Merchandising departments
- Engage with Business Development, Account Management and Commercial Growth functions to consider the practical challenges of our industry
- Work with Product and Marketing teams to integrate and test commercial metrics in their algorithms
- Innovate and identify projects that the business didn’t even realize it needed
The Ideal Candidate
Who you are:
- Extensive years of analytical experience (e.g. consulting, data science)
- University degree in an analytical field (e.g. computer science, engineering, maths, economics, statistics)
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with data manipulation (e.g. SQL), visualization (e.g. Tableau, Looker), statistical analysis (R or Python), with the ability to code (e.g., PHP) a plus.
- Proven ability to problem solve and provide practical business insights from large, complex data sets
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and scoping work with keen attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment; Comfortable working to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English, multiple language capabilities is a plus
- Fantastic team fit - tenacity with a smile, real pride in quality of work and an understanding that the ‘how’ you work is just as important
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. computer science, engineering, maths, economics, statistics) or MBA
- Experience in fashion and luxury industries is a plus, but not required
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.