About the department:
The Sustainable Business team is one of the newest at Farfetch. Sustainability is broad - we focus on driving change that will help the business grow and gain competitive advantage, while also delivering genuine impact for people and the planet. We recognise sustainability needs to be core to Farfetch business strategy and operations, not something we do on the side. The work ranges from improving our own carbon and waste impacts, inspiring and engaging our consumers and partners to buy-better products and services, driving more circular business models, and championing change both internally and externally. The team is still in its infancy, but there is amazing momentum and it’s an incredibly exciting time to join. Farfetch are at the start of the journey but are uniquely placed to be a game-changer in fashion – becoming a genuine ‘platform for good’ in the industry.
About the role:
In the role as Sustainable Business Manager (Environment) you will be a key part of the Sustainable Business team and work closely with senior leaders throughout Farfetch. Bringing strong environmental sustainability credentials to the business you will have direct responsibility for managing and defining the future direction of the program of work to reduce our environmental impact, with a particular focus on carbon and waste. The focus of the work will range from operational and supply chain impacts, through to innovative initiatives that engage our consumers, brand and boutique partners.
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for developing and driving the delivery of a program of work designed to reduce our business environmental impact.
- Deliver the required program and project work, and act as a key influencer within Farfetch to engage and inspire the required teams to meet objectives.
- Identify, explore, and make the case for projects that will address future environmental opportunities and risks, for Farfetch and the fashion industry.
- Own and drive relationships with external partners (NGOs, consultancies, start-ups etc.) that will help Farfetch deliver it’s objectives.
The Ideal Candidate
Who you are:
- You are commercially focused, analytical and strategic thinker.
- You are confident in dealing with senior stakeholders and demonstrate good influencing skills.
- You are comfortable bringing groups together, solving problems and agreeing clear plans.
- You are able to concisely and logically communicate arguments, whether verbally (including in meetings), in writing or through professional presentations.
- You have a positive, collaborative and engaging approach to working with colleagues.
- You ideally have 5+ years of work experience in the area of business environmental impact (either in house or through consulting) - ideally with a focus on carbon and climate change.
- You are passionate about the ability of business to drive positive change.
- You have some understanding of the e-commerce, technology or luxury industries.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.