The Business of Fashion is seeking a highly organised and strategic Chief of Staff, working closely with the CEO. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic company at a critical stage in its growth and play a crucial role in ensuring its future success.
The Chief of Staff will identify and evaluate the business’ greatest strategic opportunities and challenges; work with the leadership team to be the strategy partner for the business in order to drive commercial success; support the CEO to enable greater effectiveness.
Who You Are
You are an experienced and highly professional strategic consultant on the upward curve of your career, with experience in a consulting and high growth business environment. You will have the following skills that will help set you up for success:
- Experience as a strategy consultant, ideally supplemented by experience in a high-growth company
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to develop presentations
- Highly organised with exceptional project management skills. Exceptional attention to detail
- Highly professional and emotionally intelligent. Excellent relationship building and influencing skills.
- Experience managing complex projects and operations
- An excellent problem solver and an ability to successfully navigate within varying degrees of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity and trust
Closing date for applications - 18 September 2019
Salary - between £80,000 - £110,000 DOE
The Ideal Candidate
What We Need You To Do
As an integral member of the Office of the CEO you will report in to the Founder and CEO of The Business of Fashion you will partner with the business to develop the company wide strategy. Utilising and balancing the left (analytical) and right (creative) parts of your brain, you will be highly creative and possess an acutely analytical approach.
In being successful in this role, you will:
Be the strategy partner for the overall business
- Partner with the leadership team to own the development of company strategy and business plan
- Provide internal ‘strategy consulting’ support to the company
- Lead strategic projects (including exploration of strategic initiatives and preparation of fund-raising materials)
- Planning and alignment of company OKRs, working across the company
- Embed a structured commercial approach and data-driven decision-making across company
- Ensure continued focus on top priorities and effective communication of priorities across the organisation
Working closely with the CEO to improve efficiencies and effectiveness
- Support the CEO directly by working cross-functionally with multiple departments
- Overall CEO support including managing priorities, developing analysis and insights. Own business vitals and KPIs that CEO needs to be aware of
- Prepare presentations for internal and external audiences, including board meetings
- Drive agenda and execution of weekly Leadership meetings, company all-hands meetings and leadership offsite
- Manage internal communications from the CEO’s office to the company
- Manage and ensure the smooth running of the Office of the CEO