The Pricing team, reporting to the VP of Strategy, is a key part of a broader Strategy team that works front and center in defining the best path forward for our brands and portfolio. Through a focus on the customer, rigorous analyses, creative thinking, and deep partnership with the business, we directly impact the strategic direction of our portfolio of brands through supporting our CEO, Sr. Leadership team, and our brand partners.
We are looking for innovative and analytical thinkers who want to drive an outsized impact on Gap Inc; people that are looking to interact with the key influencers and leaders of the company. Your goal is to drive long-term, value-creating opportunities through deep partnership with leaders and stakeholders across the company.
The role is based in San Francisco at our corporate headquarters and is a part of the corporate pricing team. It will be primarily focused on high level strategic design of pricing architecture for ticket price and price execution through promotion and other levers impacting out the door pricing. As a key partner to our brands, you will be a part of the ongoing brand transformation to more data-driven and customer-centric driven business.
What you'll do
- Identify key issues, structure approaches, develop workplans and deliver key outputs
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis, including mining and analyzing data and performing market and competitive research
- Synthesize disparate information into compelling insights, findings and recommendations that drive action and business impact
- Translate key insights into operationalized business initiatives, serving as a strategic partner for Brand stakeholders throughout execution
- Partner with cross-functional business stakeholders at all levels with pricing-related insights and problem solving
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A strategic & analytic mind with proven experience applying structure to answer complex questions or problems, e.g. strong analytical skills, with ability to collect, organize and analyze large sets of data efficiently and effectively, develop hypotheses and translate complex ideas into structured output
- Strong writing, speaking, and communication skills able to translate analyses into a clear, simple story
- Strong ability and willingness to collaborate effectively - a true team player
- Self-starting, independent and effectively able to manage multiple projects
- Technical knowledge: Excel and Powerpoint required, other data skills preferred (e.g. VBA, SQL, R, SPSS)
- Strong interest in and knowledge of retail and/or apparel industry