Job DescriptionOur past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us. OVERVIEW:
The Category Manager II of Strategic Sourcing drives competitive advantage and value creation for Gap Inc. The Category Manager II will own planning, implementation, and execution of category strategy, including the sourcing of Gap Inc’s Global Ocean Freight program. The Category Manager II will be responsible for developing effective business partner relationships with leaders internally and externally at all levels.
- Engages and establishes business partnerships with leadership across Brands to collaborate, influence, and drive sourcing strategy
- Leads and participates in meetings with Business Partners across Brands and varied functions
- Builds effective strategic relationships with external suppliers to drive and execute category strategy
- Manage and execute sourcing strategies based on Brand requirements
- Manage sourcing projects: develops strategy, creates implementation plan and executes to drive change
- Navigate a complex matrixed organization
- Manage and execute sourcing strategies through strong technical/functional knowledge, in support of the business’ short-term and long-term plans. Has deep understanding of key strategic sourcing functions (RFI,RFP, RFQ, supplier selection, marketing intelligence, business partner management, contract management, negotiations, SRM, etc.)
- Build and strengthen strategic relationships: successfully partner across functions and levels with internal stakeholders, external suppliers, agencies and colleagues to drive results and influence change
- External Focus: Has a significant Ocean Freight subject matter knowledge and regularly leverages industry experts, associations, peers and stakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices
- Achieve defined category performance targets; hold vendors accountable to performance agreements and implement course corrections and mitigation strategies as needed
- Leverage strong influencing skills to define Strategic Sourcing’s role and align objectives and targets with stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Provide guidance and mentorship on Strategic Sourcing technical knowledge to junior team members
- Business Acumen: category expertise in Ocean Freight. Retail knowledge also a plus.
- Strategic Orientation: experience leveraging business acumen, market intelligence, and insight to influence and drive strategic impact in complex categories. Proven ability to assess and adapt to dynamic business environment
- Sourcing Capability: manage, plan, and execute complex, global categories to drive short and long-term results through category strategies, leveraging in-depth market knowledge, collaboration and influencing at all levels of a global organization.
- Personal Leadership: demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team.
- Drive for Results: Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the team.
- Change Leadership: experience leading without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
- Experience: 6 + years professional experience in management consulting, strategic sourcing, or supply chain
- Education: Advanced degree preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employeesGap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.