The Consumer Insights function at Gap Inc. is a critical part of defining our path forward. Through rigorous analyses, focus on our customers, creative thinking, and deep partnership with the business, we develop customer-focused strategic direction for our company. The Insights team reports to the Head of Data and Analytics and into the Chief Customer Officer / EVP of Strategy, and provides strategic support to our CEO and Brand and Functional Leadership Teams.
As a Manager, you will play a critical role in driving strategic consumer insights programs and projects that support the Old Navy. You will help to influence the business regularly through primary and secondary consumer research including research via our proprietary customer panel, Net Promoter tracking program, as well as ad hoc research projects. The role exposes you to product, strategy, marketing, and other teams through out the company. Though creating these strong partnerships, you will help to deliver more customer-centric decision making in the business.
What you'll do
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Develop surveys, support material development for qualitative research, analyze, & deliver compelling findings and recommendations within Old Navy.
- Analyze existing primary and secondary research to uncover fact-based insights.
- Synthesize disparate information, translating complex ideas into compelling, actionable recommendations that drive experiments, strategies and tactics.
- Oversee vendor relationships and project budgets.
- Analyze and share out insights from our Customer Promoter Program tracking tool.
- Support cross-functional workstreams; able to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Proactively listen to partners to find new ways to drive business value.
Who you are
- 4+ years professional experience in Marketing Research, Consumer Insights, Strategy/Strategic Management consulting, and/or Analysis.
- Experience conducting a wide range of research methodologies including quantitative research and analyses (survey design, programming, analysis and reporting) as well as qualitative research (IDIs, Focus Groups, shop-a-longs, intercepts).
- Proficient in programming & analyzing surveys using online survey platforms (e.g. Qualtrics); Panel management experience a plus.
- Strong writing, speaking, and communication skills (ability to synthesize information into a clear, simple story).
- Strong ability and willingness to collaborate effectively; works well with others and is considered a true team player.
- Positive attitude, scrappy ‘get the job done’/can-do-anything, creative problem-solver.
- Enjoys learning from and teaching others