About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
The Product Management is chartered to build a center of excellence in product management to drive profitable sales growth for the enterprise.
The Sr Manager of Product Management Strategy & Project Manager is a critical role within the team, positioned to drive short and long term strategic efforts in partnership with our team leaders. This strategic work will include building a strong foundation of standardized processes/tools, supporting the strategy for optimizing the processes for the team post separation, driving the internal and external communication needs for the team, and unlocking the value of priority opportunities identified by the team.
This position will support and partner closely with the DIR of Product management strategy. Core focus will be around
What you'll do
- Supporting short and long-range planning process
- Separation activities affecting the Pdm org and their deliverables
- Special projects anchored on maximizing the effectiveness of the Pdm org as a whole
- Process improvements and standardization.
- Through the development and orchestration of process & work flow improvements, this role will help to streamline the workflow (examples: Pdm onboarding, roadmapping, process with x-functional partners)
- Continuously identify ways to improve the team’s operational work flow and drive process improvements.
- Communication efforts centered on highlighting successes from the individual and team, both internally and externally
Provide critical observations to Sr. Leadership for process improvement and efficiencies
Provide support to cross-functional workstreams
Manage workplan and track completion of expected deliverables; escalate risks to delivery to teams to resolve.
Manage the product management engagement and communication strategy (internal and external). Develop materials in support of the team, including organizational announcements, newsletters, and web articles. Identifies and drives opportunities to socialize internal wins.
Effectively collaborate with teams to execute and drive change.
Synthesize findings, presentations and communicate recommendations to senior management
Utilize quantitative and qualitative analysis to identify process improvement
opportunities, articulate key issues, develop conclusions and create implementation plans with the leaders
Support strategic work on designing the evolution and future state Product Management.
Support a large portfolio of projects creating status reports and tying back to the GapTech portfolio
Supporting the LRP and annual capital planning processes
Support separation activities as needed
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degreeplus 8+ years of work experience in the following areas: project management, managementconsulting, operations, or related field.
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to driveinsight from data.
- Planning & Priority Setting: Demonstrate anability to set objectives and goals and organize work appropriately to meet andexceed goals
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, toprioritize, and adapt to a changing environment.
- Able to build constructive and effective relationshipswith a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Ability to learn quickly and drive for results.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational andcoordination skills.
- Ability to build and influence leadership
- Ability to synthesize multiple points of information,provide insights and make recommendations to leaders
- Excellent written, oral, and storytelling communicationskills.
- Strong critical thinking and business curiosity.
- Ability to work within ambiguity
- Self-directed with the ability to work autonomously andas part of a team.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficient in Excel,Access, Word, and PowerPoint, office 365, have an aptitude to learn newtechnology quickly
- Experience in retail (a plus).
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees