About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
The Product Operations Advanced Analytics and Data Science Team at Gap Inc. is a research team that applies techniques from operations research and machine learning to drive business benefits for Gap Inc. and its brands.
The team’s focus is on creating analytical capabilities to support product operations at Gap Inc. Areas of expertise include demand forecasting, inventory replenishment, inventory and supply chain optimization, pricing, product testing, product attributes, flexible inventory, and supply chain initiatives.
What you'll do
- Build, validate, and maintain Operations Research (OR) and/or AI( Machine Learning (ML) /Deep learning), models
- Provide quantitative research and analysis for identifying new business opportunities
- Provide thought leadership in analytics and modeling
- Synthesize findings, prepare presentations and assist in presenting findings to all levels of management
- Provide framework/methodology for measurement and feedback mechanism for models
- Manage analytical projects/initiatives of complex scale
- Provide thought the leadership on methodologies and analytical roadmaps
- Ability to mentor data scientists and interns
- Collaborate within the team and outside the team to solve complex problems
Who you are
- Knowledge of inventory management, merchandising, pricing, supply chain management, and optimization principles and concepts
- Experience developing and working with inventory optimization and/or forecasting approaches for retail software or the retail industry
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and influence product and analytics roadmap
- Masters in Operations Research, Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or related field. PhD is a plus.
- 4+ yrs. of professional experience w/PhD, 6+ yrs. without PhD
- Hands-on experience with data analysis, statistical, optimization and simulation packages (SQL, Python, Tensorflow, etc)
- Experience working for retailers, consulting to retailers is highly desirable
- Ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Experienced at working with business process owners to understand the process impact
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees