About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
Lead for Gap Inc Franchise finance and account planning. Individual will be a strong, trusted partner and advisor to the Franchise leadership team to develop and support long term Franchise strategies and financial growth.
This leader will manage the financial due diligence process for new partners, territories and renewals. They will work with Franchise and Brand cross functional teams on establishing sustainable long-term partnerships. This leader will own execution for pricing and OTB, maximizing Gap’s earning potential through intimate understanding of franchise performance, critical review of partners operational performance, in depth understanding of local market conditions and market competition. Provides business cases and clear recommendations on strategic and operational decisions.
Position will be based in NY HQ and will be part of the Gap Inc Franchise Business Development, Strategy & Ecommerce team, partnering with Gap Inc Brands and the cross-functional and cross-Brand Franchise organization.
What you'll do
- Lead core financial processes for sales and margin including long range planning, annual budgets, monthly forecasts and close. Lead preparation and present Quarterly Business Reviews to brands executive management.
- Ensure execution of franchisor and franchisee gross margin through setting of seasonal wholesale prices.
- Lead all financial modelling, key business metric reporting and support Franchise leadership with all new country expansion and existing country real estate decisions.
- Lead open to buy process, and overall business analysis to recommend wholesale strategies.
- Review Franchise partner business plans and conduct financial performance reviews as necessary
- Partner with merchandising, marketing, partner support and ecommerce team on in-season performance using KPIs to drive wholesale initiatives
- Support executive level presentations such as Quarterly Business Reviews, and hindsight recaps as needed.
Who you are
- Seasoned international business experience including in-depth financial and planning or inventory management experience with total finance accountability for a business. Logistics experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written skills; ability to communicate complex information in an executive format and use data to tell a compelling story
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities; can see a problem from multiple angles and provide viable, innovative options for resolution
- International travel may be required
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or related field; MBA or CPA preferred
- Minimum 10-15 years experience, with breadth across accounting, planning and commercial finance positions
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees