ABOUT BRAND EXPERIENCE
The Brand Experience team at Macy’s is passionate about finding new ways for the Macy’s brand to show up to the consumer, our vendors, and our colleagues. We live to challenge the status quo, change minds, and deliver growth as a result. Playing off Macy’s strengths, while exploring new approaches, the New Format team will develop and manifest a perspective on the future of retailing. Through this real-world exercise, the Brand Experience team will also derive and model new ways of working that inform how the broader company works.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Director, Integrated Planning is responsible for driving growth through planning and inventory excellence for new projects led by the Brand Experience team. You will help to develop and execute a strategic vision, in close partnership with Creative Merchandising, with a progressive, customer centric-approach that delivers sales and profit objectives. You will oversee a hybrid planning process including financial planning, merchandise planning, location planning, management of in-season inventory, flow, and replenishment, and markdown management. And you will be responsible for ensuring connection between our new Brand Experience model and existing Macy’s systems and processes. A key requirement is to demonstrate curiosity, agility and bias for action in a fast-paced startup business environment, transcending the scope of the traditional planning role. And of course, you must also be able to build and maintain deep trust with your teams and key collaborators.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop merchandise financial plans (sales and inventory) to support the overall performance plan and metrics for the project.
- Partner with Creative Merchandising to manage the development of assortment and assortment planning (breadth, depth, flow, target sell-through, style plans, markdown plans, etc.), which supports the high-level merchandising assortment vision and maximize sales, margin, and turnover.
- Ensure merchandise plans align with space plans and localization data at a location level.
- Partner with Macy’s Allocation and Replenishment teams to align project plans with corporate plans and systems.
- Navigate the Macy’s organization and build cross-functional relationships in order to bring our new projects to life.
- Develop new processes through strong organizational skills and understanding of existing workflow and processes.
- Analyze and react to product and financial performance, including class/category performance, style performance, and major marketing performance.
- Work with the team to co-author new ways of presenting our brand to customers through marketing, store merchandising, services and experiences, and technology.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate
THINGS YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 7+ years of experience working within cross-functional planning roles.
- Strong written and verbal communication, both in-person and through modern tools and platforms.
- Strong financial acumen and analytics skills. Solid understanding of components of gross margin and inventory management to maximize profitability.
- Knowledge of Macy’s systems and how to use them - A3, PDF/Item Creation Process, FedBuy, Affinity, General Reporting Tools, Price
- The creativity and fortitude to take calculated risks.
- Ability to make sound decisions using equal parts intuition and data.
- Comfort blazing new paths and inviting others to follow.
- Capacity for travel to markets, stores, collaboration partners, warehouses, and to shop the competition.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
ONE MORE THING
We love people with special sauce! Do you juggle, run marathons, or plan secret dinner parties? Be sure to let us know!
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.