The Senior Analyst, Product Strategy drives insights and builds knowledge of key market, competitors, and customer dynamics for the Old Navy’s Men’s business. The role requires a self-motivated individual who is highly accountable, and can easily function in a high demand, performance-driven environment, with the ability to work on multiple tasks in parallel. The Sr. Analyst, must use strong analytical skills to build trust, collaborate, and influence key stakeholders across levels and functions in the company.
What you'll do
- Perform analyses to understand the Old Navy Men’s business competitors and trends in the industry
- Partner with and analyze consumer insights data to identify actionable opportunities for Old Navy
- Support development of Old Navy’s product long range plan, including identification and prioritization of product opportunities and owning and driving all supporting content/documentation
- Execute key analyses, e.g., market and competitor assessments, financial performance analysis
- Work across levels and functions, including both internal and external service providers and business partners to gather data, gain insight, and drive detailed recommendations
- Establish strong relationships with key product leaders to ensure alignment in strategic vision and supporting opportunities
- Support cross-divisional products strategies and operational initiatives, reporting to the Senior Manager of Product Strategy. Examples of activities:
- Identify key issues and scope and plan the underlying analyses that will yield critical answers
- Execute data gathering and conduct research and analysis (quantitative and qualitative)
- Deliver timely, zero-defect execution of analysis, with minimal support
- Prepare impactful and concise executive-level presentations and assist in presenting findings and gaining alignment across the organization
- Work closely with Senior Manager, Senior Director, and other product leaders in developing supporting analyses for various projects
Who you are
- BA/BS degree required
- 3-5+ years of work experience, preferably with experience in the retail industry, management consulting and/or investment banking
- Analytical Rigor- Ability to run complicated quantitative analysis in a defect-free manner. Mastery of Microsoft Excel is critical to this role (knowledge of VBA preferred)
- Structured and logical thinking- Ability to dissect a problem into an organized approach and quickly form a hypothesis against which to run test analysis.
- Powerful Communication– Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both written and verbally. Mastery of Microsoft PowerPoint is critical to this role.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills– A consensus building team contributor. Ability to work collaboratively across levels and functions to build trust and respect. Strong professional/executive presence.
- Creative Thinking- A combination of out of the box thinking and the ability to question status quo and generally accepted beliefs. Able to generate innovative insights from analysis to drive actionable results. Continuous curiosity and interest in product.