Job DescriptionEngineering Team Lead, Data Labs
Primary Purpose: This Manager position will serve as the Software Engineering lead for Tapestry’s Data Labs group, enabling the success of our people, our company and our brands through the development of human-centric data-powered applications. The Manager will report to the Director of Product & Engineering for Data Labs, and lead the development and delivery of intuitive, machine-learning powered web applications for all of Tapestry’s global brands.
A successful candidate in this role will leverage their experiences to:
- Lead a team of engineers focused on the development of Data Labs web applications
- Own the technical vision and roadmap for the platform and suite of applications
- Work collaboratively with design, product management, and leadership to deliver the product roadmap
- Partner with brand stakeholders to facilitate usability testing and user feedback sessions
- Contribute to software engineering best practices globally across the organization
Qualified candidates will have:
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience with proven track record of product delivery
- 2+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical field
- Experience working with containerized environments (e.g. Docker)
- Experience working with microservices architecture
- Deep understand of Agile methods and software development lifecycle
- Experience driving product vision, launch plan, and growth strategies
Other preferred qualifications include:
- Experience working with remote development teams
- Expertise in AWS, Azure, and/or GCP
- Foundational understanding of serverless applications
- Experience designing systems for scalability and performance
- Interest in and/or experience with data science and machine learning applications
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-JW1 Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/