As a Supply Chain Strategy Manager at The RealReal (TRR), you will shape the future direction of TRR’s operations organization by working directly with executives and cross-functional leaders on critical projects. The role requires you to establish a deep understanding of TRR’s operating model, perform detailed analytics, and drive cross-functional alignment to develop and execute strategies that support growth, scalability and cost efficiency. You will be responsible for defining supply chain strategies impacting multiple areas of the business including capacity, production, fulfillment, and transportation. Overall, you will focus on operational innovation and excellence – from initial strategy development through to execution. A successful candidate will be an innovative thinker, balanced with a strong focus on customer, consignor and operations.
We will only be considering local candidates for this position.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Lead and contribute to complex and time-critical projects for senior leaders by quickly understanding context and developing a prioritized scope and approach for resolution in ambiguous situations
- Establish credibility in the organization as a trusted though partner by developing complex, multi-year, supply chain program strategies and plans
- Analyze and determine key insights by crossing research with key business drivers, external trends, and operating performance indicators; Quantify impact of strategic projects in terms of dollars saved or efficiency gained
- Communicate findings to senior leadership by preparing polished presentations and identifying key takeaways
What You Bring To The Role
- BS in Business, Supply Chain or related field, MBA degree preferred and a MINIMUM of 5+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, corporate strategy, operations, or equivalent in a retail or e-commerce company
- Strong data analysis skills, able to produce, interpret and draw conclusions from data and develop metrics to track results
- Ability to successfully work and partner across multiple functions in an organization. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills. Experience building advanced business models using Excel
- Experience with SQL a plus
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to understand and articulate the “big picture”
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, consigned luxury goods. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have 150+ in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by hundreds of brands, from Gucci to Cartier, supporting the circular economy. We make consigning effortless with free in-home pickup, drop-off service and direct shipping for individual consignors and estates. At our stores in LA, NYC and San Francisco, customers can shop, consign, and meet with our experts. At our 10 Luxury Consignment Offices, four of which are in our retail stores, our expert staff provides free valuations. Founded in 2011 and listed publicly in 2019 (Nasdaq: REAL), we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.