Position: RETAIL TRAINER - US
Reports to: DIRECTOR OF TRAINING - US
The Retail Trainer will work closely to the retail and wholesale teams to deliver a clear client experience strategy covering all areas of product and brand across retail and wholesale in the region. The Retail Trainer will work with the Store and Wholesale Management Departments in order to ensure that sales teams are trained to deliver the Valentino Client Experience to the highest standard.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivers a clear client experience strategy covering all areas of product and brand across retail and wholesale in their region.
- Ensures consistent delivery of new employee induction, product training, selling ceremony, learning initiatives and managerial training in their region.
- Conducts training needs analysis based on KPIs, mystery shop results, development conversations, to feed back to the Regional Training Director.
- Delivers engaging learning content, adapting content for their region where necessary.
- Gains insights from the Regional Training Director.
- Collaborates with buying team to deliver product training on a consistent basis to maximize employee knowledge of seasonal product and ability to sell.
- Partners with Retail Operations to ensure retail policies and process training takes place in their region.
- Partners with wholesale management team in the delivery of learning material to wholesale partners to ensure consistency with brand messages about product, sustainability, company history and values.
- Maintains a clean tracking system for learning and development activity in their region and supports with the regular reporting and analysis of training successes in collaboration with the Regional Training Director.
- Works with our Internal Communications Editor to ensure clear and consistent messaging around retail and wholesale learning opportunities in their region.
- Supports the Regional Training Director with planning and delivery of retail conferences.
The Ideal Candidate
- English language essential, additional languages are useful.
- Experience of training and coaching in a customer service orientated retail environment.
- Strong client orientation gained through solid experience with the retail environment.
- Classroom, in-store training and mentoring experience gained from a retail environment.
- Interest in fashion, retail and luxury industry with a strong interest in developing people skills and capabilities.
- Highly developed social, verbal and written communication skills, including outstanding presentation skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel with a teamwork attitude.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment through creativity, flexibility and self-organization.
- Positive, self-starter, enthusiastic approach and solution orientated attitude.
- Able to read, analyze and compile information for reports, special projects and surveys.