Job DescriptionInfluential, innovative and progressive, Gucci is reinventing a wholly modern approach to fashion. Under the new vision of creative director Alessandro Michele, the House has redefined luxury for the 21st century, further reinforcing its position as one of the world’s most desirable fashion houses. Eclectic, contemporary, romantic—Gucci products represent the pinnacle of Italian craftsmanship and are unsurpassed for their quality and attention to detail.
Gucci is part of the Kering Group, a world leader in apparel and accessories that owns a portfolio of powerful luxury and sport and lifestyle brands.
The Junior Sales Manager is responsible for managing and growing all specialty and department store accounts for the Men’s and Women’s Accessories Collection – Belts, Soft Accessories, and Hats and Gloves, effectively building collaborative relationships and communicating the Gucci strategy.
- Responsible for the entire Men’s and Women’s Accessories business, across department stores and specialty stores;
- Ability to travel four times per year to Italy for market and well as seasonal store visit travel in the US and Canada; Additional trips as needed;
- Present the collection in market to accounts, conveying collection intent and key concepts with very high energy and excitement;
- Partner with accounts/customers to obtain sales plans before market, and orders in a timely manner after market;
- Manage the stock program for Men’s and Women’s Belts and collect and process orders while negotiating with Wholesale partners to align investments with monthly shipping targets;
- Partner with Planning to ensure effective and accurate planning of product category;
- Work closely with Sales Managers on the strategic process of budget preparation based on sell-thru, gross margins, inventory, shipping and competition;
- Review and analyze weekly delivery and by style selling to pinpoint opportunities and challenges;
- Understand the challenges and opportunities before mapping a strategic growth plan for this business;
- Identify and communicate ongoing trend and market needs to merchandising;
- Relay all market feedback and order analysis to the Italy merchandising team;
- Assemble seasonal training manuals and product knowledge materials for all accounts in order to ensure brand identity is upheld;
- Build collaborative relationships and communicate the Gucci strategy;
- Build relationships with store employees to better understand specific market needs;
- Coordinate with accounts’ Marketing departments to promote brand image by forwarding current strategies, advertising campaigns, and press releases;
- Relay Gucci’s merchandising seasonal directives to store managers and associates;
- Partner with Customer Service to ensure timely shipments, EDI and pricing adjustments;
- Coordinate with Italy on the market calendar;
- Maintain client e-commerce websites, checking for accuracy of product images and descriptions as well as flow of visual merchandising ;
- Liaise with Italy corporate image on all photography and styling to ensure timely delivery of content for client websites;
- Liaise with DOS on orders, selling, distribution to better understand their strategy and how this could be implemented or used positively in wholesale.
- 1-2 years of previous relevant experience;
- Strong Excel and retail math skills;
- Being able to speak in public and in front of large groups of people (summit, market, etc.);
- Domestic and International Travel;
- Team player;
- Great communication skills;
- Able to multitask.