As we grow our brand, we are looking to expand our wholesale program both nationally and internationally and will be hiring a Head of Wholesale to help with our efforts. The Head of Wholesale will be the business manager for wholesale, responsible for achieving revenue and margin targets as well as:
- All communication with wholesale partners, including, but not limited to:
- Pursuing, growing, and maintaining existing and new relationships
- Keeping current buyers up to date with new styles
- Reaching out to boutiques and department stores to help grow the Lingua Franca footprint, while also keeping true to our brand tenets
- Working with buyers in the showroom by presenting the collection and building assortments that best represent Lingua Franca for the customer associated with the account.
- Effectively communicating the brand narrative; representing the core values of our brand both internally and externally.
- Managing the day-to-day interactions with all wholesale buyers, including negotiation, payment remittance, communication regarding shipments and deliveries, and ad-hoc communication as needed.
- All wholesale operations and administration, including but not limited to:
- Weekly reporting on current and upcoming sales
- Completion of all administrative tasks related to the sale of wholesale inventory - invoicing, billing records, order confirmations and entry, shipping confirmations, inventory tracking, etc.
- Maintaining the office sample selection at all times and managing Market preparation in the showroom during Market
- Continually iterating on current wholesale processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Working closely with Production to:
- Be aware of pipeline of all current and upcoming wholesale orders, from raw materials, through completion and shipment
- Communicate anticipated orders to ensure appropriate stock for current and upcoming wholesale
- Ensure wholesale inventory flows through our internal pipeline and through to stores
- Keep track of delivery timelines and resolve issues related to shipment discrepancies
- Support seasonal hind sighting for more efficient inventory stocking
The Ideal Candidate
- 2-4 years previous experience in wholesale in the fashion industry
- Solid understanding of retail math including mark-up, sell-through, OTB, and gross margin
- Excellent showroom presentation skills and a fluid ability to merchandise and assort product as part of the sell process to accounts.
- Strong communication & analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel functions and formulas
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A natural tendency to be well organized, and able to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Existing strong relationships in the market is a plus