Your Tutor - Drew Elliott
Who the course is for:
- Professionals seeking to develop their digital skillset to further their careers and achieve their goals.
- Entrepreneurs looking to understand the latest audience behaviours to grow their businesses.
- Students who want to strengthen their academic education with an industry-specific course and real life examples.
What you will learn:
- Learn how to create content that can entertain and engage global audiences.
- Understand how to conceive, produce, amplify and analyse a digital communications strategy.
- Take immersive deep dives into essential skillsets: video, influencer marketing, live streaming and social media.
How you will learn:
- 10 hours of exclusive content, including 24 video tutorials from Drew Elliott.
- Downloadable learning materials enable you to revisit key theories and concepts.
- Engaging activities and tests to put your learning into practice.
Course Overview 30 minutes
Understand the goals of the course and be introduced to your tutor Drew Elliott.
1. The Magic and Math of Content Strategy 1.6 hour
Drew Elliott explains the radical impact of digital channels on the communications industry and how content has become the primary currency of marketing strategy. Here, he introduces his formula of "math plus magic": which combines creativity and analytics to create excitement and virality.
2. The Tools You Need to Play the Entertainment Game 2.3 hours
The chapter outlines the content toolbox, with deep dives into social media, video, influencers and live streaming. Drew Elliott identifies his key principles for each platform and how best to use the wide-ranging tools available to marketers, from social takeovers to user-generated content.
3. Break the Internet: The Cadence of the Content Management Cycle 2 hours
Drew Elliott outlines his four-step model to manage content production, “SPAM”: Strategy, Production, Amplification and Measurement. Each step is illustrated using his #BreakTheInternet campaign with Kim Kardashian as a case study.
4. Don't Believe the Hype: Navigating Virality 1.3 hour
While virality is out of your control, there is a formula to creating content that is capable of going viral. Drew Elliott underscores this distinction and explains the critical success factors to creating the content, including knowing and entertaining your audience, creating a narrative and optimising cadence.
5. It's Not About Being Famous: How to Become a Content Expert 1.2 hour
Drew Elliott identifies key roles in his digital team and how best to structure teams to match the needs of today’s digital landscape, including the creation of project-specific SWAT teams.
6. What You Need to Remember 1.2 hour
Final words of career advice from Drew, key takeaways from the course and final test.
References 1 hour
Become fluent in the vocabulary of digital marketing with acronyms explained and technical terms decoded — plus further reading to aid your learning.
Do you have a question about BoF Education? If so, please refer to our FAQs below. If you need further support, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.